Resolutions of CWC of All India Association of Inspectors & Assistant Superintendent of Posts , Tamilnadu Circle, held at Hotel Mount Park , Sholayar Dam Road , Iyerpadi , Valparai on 05/05/2017.
1. It is resolved to request our CPMG TN Circle, Chennai to cause filling up the vacant IP/ASP posts. Till filling up of the vacant posts, it is requested to arrange officiating arrangements to vacant IP posts from the cadre of PA and adhoc arrangements to the cadre of ASP from IP cadre in order to manage the work smoothly.
2. It is resolved to request our CPMG, TN Circle, Chennai to restore all the abolished/redeployed IP PG Posts of Divisions for early settlement of complaints and for improving the service quality of the offices in the Divisions.
3. It is resolved to request our Chief PMG, TN Circle, Chennai to ensure that all the pending incentive bills to the Sub Divisional Heads in respect of RPLI are drawn and disbursed.
4. The work load of IPs/ASPs has increased manifold and the traditional Inspectorial work has also increased due to various fraud related activities. The business development of the Division mainly rely upon the performance of Sub Divisional Officers. The IPs/ASPs at present are unable to submit the IRs/ Reports etc in time, due to paucity of time, though their personal time is also already spared for such activities. Hence it is resolved to requests our CPMG to kindly examine provision of clerical assistance to IPs/ASPs at Sub Divisional Offices.
5. It is resolved to request the Circle administration to cause supply of laptops to all the IP/ASPs working in DO/RO/CO/RMS/NSH and also to take action for replacement of the existing laptops of the Sub Divisional Heads with higher configuration to meet the needs of present days as the prescribed life time of existing laptops has already elapsed and they are due for condemnation.
6. It is resolved to request the Circle Administration to re-examine the time schedule fixed for the departmental enquiries and to re-fix the same in a realistic way by taking into account the real constraints faced in the Rule 10/Rule 14 inquiries.
7. It is resolved to request the Circle Administration to arrange for imparting practical and realistic institutional training at PTC, Mysore to all the IP/ASPs working in the entire Circle on Finacle/McCamish, CSI and RICT.
8. It is resolved to request the Directorate / Administration to define the actual role of IP/ASPs in the inspection/visit aspects in respect of POs, which have been migrated to CBS Platform and to supply the revised questionnaire [CHQ point].
9. It is resolved to take up the issue of work load assessment to CHQ for consideration of revised norms of workload, especially in the present environment of additional works being shouldered by IPs/ASPs in the changed scenario of CBS/McCamish and BD & Technology activities.
10. It is resolved to request the Circle Administration to consider the reorganization of Sub Divisions, considering the present scenario and workload and frequent travel necessities in addition to normal visits & inspections.
11. It is resolved to request the Circle Administration to take action for provision of good quality office accommodation as per the schedule of Accommodation with all basic amenities to the Sub Divisional Heads.
12. It is resolved to request the Circle administration to provide Air cooler/Air conditioner to the O/o Sub Divisional heads to beat the summer days.
13. It is resolved to request our CPMG to kindly consider the Re-alloment of IPs/ASPs to other regions/units and also for issue of favourable instructions to the Regional Heads to consider the transfer requests of the IPs/ASPs with in their region, as to relieve them from the stress of living away from the family and make them to involve effectively on achievement of targets.
14. It is resolved to request our CPMG to enhance the road mileage limits atleast to 400 km per month to Sub Divisional Heads to compensate their extensive travel costs across their Sub Division for completing various Inspectorial / Business & other activities.
15. It is resolved to request our CPMG to instruct all the Divisions to grant enhanced mileage for the IPs/ASPs for the incumbents who hold additional charge of other Sub Divisions.
16. It is resolved to request Circle administration to cause early completion of renovation work in r/o Quarters portion allotted to this Association at Subbarayan Nagar,Chennai
17. On introduction of CBS and provision of ATMs, it is practically not feasible to carry out the High value withdrawal verification and passbooks verification during inspections. Hence it is resolved to request Circle administration to take up the difficulties with Directorate for dispensing the High value memo verification and Passbooks verifications during inspections.
18. It is resolved to request our CPMG to make arrangements for stress relief programmes like Meditation, Yoga etc for the betterment of IPs/ASPs and enhance their involvement in the work.
19. While thanking the Circle Administration in solving the pay fixation and drawl of allowances in respect of ASPs who are working in PS Group-B cadre on adhoc basis in Tamilnadu Circle it is resolved to request the Circle administration to settle the following issues which are still pending to be finalized.
a. Shri.M.Dharmaraj, ASP who was working as Assistant Director[BD&Tech],Office of the Postmaster General, Western Region, Coimbatore on adhoc arrangement had retired on 31.8.2016 on superannuation as Assistant Director in PS Group-B cadre. But, the Pay and Pension of the above officer has been fixed as applicable to ASP cadre only. The above officer has submitted a representation to the CPMG on 1.9.2016 which is still pending to be disposed.
b. Shri.R.Loganathan, ASP,Chennai City Central Division was promoted to PS Group-B cadre on Ad-hoc arrangement and posted as SP, PSD,Tiruchirapalli vide Circle Office memo no. STB/20-3/2016/CCR dated 27.01.2017 and he assumed charge on 15.2.2017. Consequently, the Pay of the officer has been fixed as 73400/- under Pay matrix level-9 as applicable to PS Group B officer. But subsequently, before his retirement on 30.7.2017, the entitlement slip of the above officer has been revised by the GM Postal Accounts and Finance, Chennai and ordered for the recovery of the so called excess payment and his pensionary benefits fixed as applicable to ASP Cadre.
In both the cases, even though the orders were issued clearly by the Circle Office for making Ad-hoc arrangement in PS Group-B cadre, the Postal Accounts of TN Circle has taken a different view unilaterally ignoring the orders of the CO and rules on the subject. A detailed representation has been given to the CPMG on the above case and the officer has also represented individually. This CWC requests the CPMG TN Circle to intervene and issue necessary orders for the fixation of Pay and Pensionary benefits to Shri.M.Dharmaraj and Shri.P.Loganathan and render justice.
c. After the implementation of VII CPC, the Grade Pay of the IP,ASP and SPs in the Department of Posts have been up graded as 4600/-, 4800/- and 5400/- respectively. Accordingly, the Pay of the ASPs was fixed as 4800/- under level-8 of the Pay matrix as per VII CPC with effect from 1.1.2016 correctly. Shri.V.Gunaseelan, ASP,CCR and
d. Shri.A.Venkatesan, ASP,CCR were eligible for Financial Upgradation under MACP-3 after completion of 30 years of service as on 17.1.2016 and 28.2.2016 respectively. The Financial Up gradation of Pay of the above officers should have been fixed as 5400/- under Level-9 in the Pay matrix as per the orders of the Department and VII CPC. But, this has not been done and they were denied financial up gradation under MACP-III by Chennai City Region. In this connection, it is pointed out that an order issued by CPMG, Andhra circle for fixing financial up gradation under MACP-III for ASPs who have completed 30 years of service or 10 years of service in ASP cadre was handed over to CPMG Sir during the last 4 monthly meeting as a reference and it was assured that all future MACP-3 cases for ASPs will be fixed at Level-9 under Pay matrix.This CWC requests the CPMG TN Circle to consider the genuine demands of the above officers and issue orders for the correct fixation of Pay and allowances as admissible under VII CPC.
e. Similarly, individual representations have been given by many senior ASPs who have already completed 30 years of service and got financial up gradation under MACP-III before the implementation of VII CPC and Grade Pay fixed as Rs.4800/- as applicable to PS Group –B officers in the Department. The CWC requests the CPMG TN Circle to consider the genuine demands of the above ASPs for fixation of Pay with Grade Pay as Rs.5400/- under Pay matrix Level-9 as per the Gazette notification in which the Grade pay of Rs.4800/- in respect of SPOs has been up graded as Rs.5400/- with effect from 1.1.2016.