Tamil Nadu Circle, Chennai 600018
Mobile: 09443092338/09841411746 , Email: email@example.com
The Chief Postmaster General,
No. AIAIPASPs/TN/ VII CPC/04/dlgs dated at Chennai 600 018 the 24.04.2017.
Subject: - Irregular fixation of Pay and Allowances-case of Shri.R.Loganathan, ASP and offtg Superintendent, PSD, Tiruchirapalli -regarding
Ref: -Letter no. 67/PG/GE-I/ES/2016-2017 dated 12.04.2017 issued by Sr.Accounts Officer, Pay Group, office of the General Manager [Postal Accounts &Finance], Chennai
In pursuance of the Chief Postmaster General, Tamilnadu Circle Memo No .STC /1-6(A)/16 dtd 21.07.2016, Shri.R.Loganathan , ASP,Chennai City Central Division was promoted to PS Group B cadre on Ad-hoc basis and posted as Superintendent of Post offices, Kanchipuram Division and he assumed charge on 27.07.2016.Subsequently the above officer was posted as Superintendent ,PSD, Trichy vide CO memo no.;STB/20-3/2016 /CCR dtd 27.01.2017 and he assumed charge on 15.02.2017 F/N . Consequently , the Officer is entitled to get his pay fixed at Rs.73,400/- under Pay Matrix level-9 as applicable to PS Group B officers as per 7th Pay commission. Accordingly , the entitlement slip of the officer was correctly issued by the GM(PAF) Chennai vide Letter no. 1532/PG/GE-1/ES/2016-2017 dtd 21.11.2016.
But subsequently , the Sr.Accounts Officer Pay Group ,O/o GM(PAF) vide his letter no 67/PG/GE-I/ES/2016-17 dtd 12.04.2017,addressed to the Postmaster , Kanchipuram HO has mentioned that the Pay of the above Officer was inadvertently fixed as Rs.73,400/- at level-9 , pending clarification sought for . He has also mentioned in the letter that as the officer had got MACP III on 15.02.2012 and as per the MACP orders, no fixation of pay is allowed on promotion and difference of grade pay only to be allowed, as grade pay is not in vogue in 7th CPC . By citing this ,he informed the DDO that the pay of the above officer is revised to Rs.70,000/- in Pay Matrix Level-8 with effect from 26.07.2016 till 31.12.2016 and ordered for the recovery of the so called excess paid Pay and Allowances. Based on his interpretation he has issued the the revised entitlement slip for the above officer.
In this connection, the following are submitted for the kind information and urgent intervention of CPMG ,Tamilnadu Circle.
1. The Officer has been ordered to work as Superintendent ,Kanchipuram Division and Subsequently as Superintendent PSD Tiruchirappalli in PS Group B cadre , on Ad-hoc basis by CPMG ,Tamilnadu Circle, and both of these posts carry pay at Pay matrix level-9 as recommended by the 7th CPC and approved by the Government of India.
2. Hence the stand of the Sr.AO Pay Group denying the officer in drawl of the Pay entitled to the Post, which he holds, citing MACP scheme is totally wrong. The above Officer is entitled to get his Pay and Allowances as admissible under Rules for the post presently working as ordered by the Chief PMG, TN Circle, Chennai
3. Therefore, the action of Sr.AO Pay Group, GM (PAF), Chennai denying the officer to draw pay applicable to the PSS Group B cadre and recovery of so called excess paid Pay and Allowance on the eve of his retirement is not in order.
Therefore, It is requested to look into the issue and issue necessary orders to
GM(PAF), Tamilnadu Circle to issue entitlement slip to Shri R.Loganathan, Superintendent , PSD ,Tiruchirapalli at RS.73,400/- under Pay Level-9 with effect from 27.02.2016 as applicable to PS Group B officers as recommended by the 7th Pay commission and approved by Government of India .
Thanking You Sir,
1. The Postmaster General, Central Region, Tiruchirapalli-620001 for kind information.
2. The General Manager[Postal Accounts &Finance], Chennai-600008 for kind information and necessary action
3. The Superintendent , PSD, Tiruchirapalli-620001 for information